Hildo Bijl is currently graduating from his Master’s in Aerospace Engineering at the Delft University of Technology. Throughout his studies, he has been very involved in education: as instructor/teacher, as faculty student council member and as founder of the Aerostudents.com student community. In his talk, he will discuss his quest to improve education. Read more
The first TEDxDelft Salon took place at 22 February 2012. Our live speaker was Guenevere Prawiroatmodjo, she talked about redefining high-impact science by introducing a p-factor to the well know h-factor. The TED movie that she showed was Michael Nielsen TEDx talk at TEDxWaterloo for open science. You can see TEDxDelft Salon here
We are very proud to announce the second edition of TEDxDelft: 5 October 2012 we will open the doors of the Aula Congress Centre again to celebrate TEDx with you once more.
This year TEDxDelft theme is ‘never grow up‘. Never stop asking questions, never stop wondering, always think of other ways to face challenges, always question why things are the way they are, keep wondering, keep on learning, always stay young, never stop dreaming, never stop doing, creativity by playing, work=play, gamification, living the dream, what do you mean, this cannot be done?
We were inspired by the story of Peter Pan, some quotes:
- All children, except one, grow up.
- Every time a child says, ‘I don’t believe in fairies,’ there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead.
- All you need is trust and a little bit of pixie dust!
- I’ll teach you to ride on the wind’s back, and away we go!
- So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned.
- I ran away the day I was born. It was because I heard father and mother talking about what I was to be when I became a man.
- If growing up means it would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree, I’ll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!
- All of this has happened before, and it will all happen again
- Forget them. Forget them all. Come with me where you’ll never never have to worry about grown up things again.
More information on performers coming soon.
Guenevere Prawiroatmodjo (4th of August 1986, Nijmegen) has studied Applied Physics at Delft University of Technology and is currently starting a high-tech company with Leo Kouwenhoven, professor at the research group Quantum Transport. Read more
The TEDxDelft team is very happy to announce our Salon type events: TEDxDelftSalon.
The Salons will take place in the HIVE room at TU Delft Library, are monthly recurring events (starting 22 February) and are small in size:
- One TED.com talk
- One live speaker
- A discussion afterwards.
All this during lunchtime (lunch will be provided) from 12.30 until 13.30. All talks will be in English. RSVP for one of our TEDxDelftSalon events:
Are you our next TEDxDelftSalon speaker?
We are looking for live speakers at our TEDxDelftSalon events: Are you (PhD) student at TU Delft and do you think you have an idea worth spreading (so no product and no company): please contact us at TEDxDelftSalon@TEDxDelft.nl.
TEDxDelftSalon is powered by TU Delft Studium Generale.